Tuesday, January 1, 2013

208th Week Update - Miles Neighborhood Food Collection Project

Hi Folks,
Simple Math for a Simple Program
1.7% Time Invested + 100% Commitment = 49,368 lbs. of Food


To the point: There are 8,706 hours in one year. If you and your three volunteers spend just three hours each and every Sunday for four straight years collecting food from your neighbors, you will donate 49,368 lbs. of food to the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona. Put another way, that’s 24.6 tons of food which sounds like more especially if you lift it … twice. Once to pick it up and once to deliver it.

Everybody understands 100% commitment. It’s the 1.7% figure that is the motivator. In one year my commitment to my Miles neighbors comes to 156 hours. And those few hours are incredibly productive for me, my neighbors and the folks we feed weekly.

Over the years I have worked for major corporations like Purina, Merrill Lynch, and BBDO Advertising. I even authored 22 books, but the most successful work I have ever done is to collect food for the Community Food Bank through One Can A Week.

We Americans are always chasing the buck and grasping at success. I have to admit I am fully vested in the game. However, if you want to feel very productive and very useful, go help someone in need. That’s true success and I have the numbers to prove it.

Happy New Year.


Our Fifth Anniversary Begins
Through our food donations in 2012 we fed 12,658 folks three meals in one day based on 1.3 lbs. per meal. We also collected $2,839.81. With the buying power of the Community Food Bank that amounted to $25,558.00 in food and services ($1.00 = $9.00).

The question now is how many more can we feed in 2013? If history is any indication it definitely will be lots.

We collected a total of 168 lbs. of food. The money we donated amounted to $41.00, a $25.00 check and $16.00 in cash.

See you Sunday,

Peter



No comments:

Post a Comment