Monday, March 30, 2009

12th Week Update - Miles Neighborhood Food Collection Project

Hi Folks,

I'm very proud to be living in the Miles Neighborhood with such terrific neighbors. Three months ago I had an idea on how we could all serve the community. Just look at what we've done to help the Community Food Bank over the last quarter.

That's a lot of food..."One Can A Week" at a time.

As you can see, this week we collected 178 lbs., the most ever, so we are sticking at the 2 shopping cart level. I'm sure I can credit these good results to Barbara, Lenny and Kym who freed me up to see more people. I finished the upper end of 12th Street and those nice folks piled it on a bit. Maybe it was my new ride.

Mary needed her golf cart returned earlier on Sunday so I had to come up with another alternative. Everyone who saw my tricked out VW Cabriolet knew I had something to do with food. Like the photo of my Westies, it was a great ice breaker.

On Saturday, Barbara and I will have a table in the front of the Safeway Super-market from 11:30 AM to 3 PM. We're going to try to encourage other neighborhoods to jump on the "One Can A Week" bandwagon. Stop by if you can.

See you next Sunday.

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment